The Cyprus Refugee Council (CyRC) accepts applications for a new position under a project funded by the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in Cyprus, to provide support to asylum seekers and beneficiaries of international protection all over Cyprus and conduct appropriate referrals to other related services.
Offer services in all major cities across Cyprus to refugees and asylum seekers by carrying out vulnerability and risk assessments; referring to the state Mental Health Services or other related services; offering individual support in selected cases.
Type of activities:
- Carry out vulnerability assessments for beneficiaries. Assessments include: a record of mental health history, an assessment of violence, or torture related trauma, a care plan. Progress notes will be prepared.
- Carry out referrals to the state Mental Health Services or other services for counseling and/or therapy
- Offer individual or family counseling services to selected cases in all cities in Cyprus.
- Perform crisis intervention.
Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree in psychology, social work or other social sciences.
- Postgraduate studies in clinical psychology, counseling, psychotherapy, or clinical social work is required.
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience providing support services to victims of trauma/violence, or similar experience.
- Excellent command of English and Greek languages, both written and orally; knowledge of Arabic or French is an asset.
- Knowledge of issues related to refugees and immigration.
- Strong drafting skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite. Candidates must have reliable vehicles.
Applications MUST include a CV and a cover letter. Please confirm in your application, that you have never been subject to sanctions (disciplinary, administrative or criminal) arising from an investigation in relation to SEA, or left employment pending investigation and refused to cooperate in such an investigation.
Closing date: 30/1/2022. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please send your completed application to email@example.com