The Cyprus Refugee Council (CyRC) invites qualified psychologists to apply for a new position under a project funded by the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in Cyprus, to provide support to asylum seekers and beneficiaries of international protection all over Cyprus and conduct appropriate referrals to other related services.
Objective: Offer services in all major cities across Cyprus to refugees and asylum seekers by carrying out assessments; referring to the state Mental Health Services or other related services; offering counseling in selected cases.
Type of activities:
- Carry out psychological assessments for beneficiaries. Assessments include: a record of psychological history, an assessment of violence, or torture related trauma, a care plan. Progress notes will be prepared and necessary psychological assessments can be submitted to the relevant authorities.
- Carry out referrals to the state Mental Health Services or other services for counseling and/or therapy
- Offer individual or family counseling to selected cases in all cities in Cyprus.
- Perform crisis intervention.
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in psychology and postgraduate studies in clinical psychology or counseling.
- Registered at the Psychologists Registration Board of Cyprus.
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience; experience providing therapy to victims of trauma/violence, or similar experience, an asset.
- Excellent command of English and Greek languages, both written and orally; knowledge of Arabic or French is an asset.
- Knowledge of issues related to refugees and immigration.
- Strong drafting skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
Candidates must have access to a reliable vehicle.
Applications MUST include a CV AND a Cover Letter.
Closing date: 18 August 2020. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please send your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org