The Cyprus Refugee Council is interested to hire a motivated individual to support the implementation of projects, and awareness-raising activities and initiatives that promote integration of refugees.
CyRC undertakes reach-out, training and support activities that promote a better understanding of refugees’ rights, in accordance with international and domestic legislation, policies and promising practices, promoting effective social and labour integration in the local community.
The successful candidate will work with local stakeholders and refugees, for purposes of disseminating important information and providing support, through individual sessions and by organizing trainings/seminars and other relevant events.
The Cyprus Refugee Council is a non-governmental, non-profit organization with a focus on refugees, asylum seekers, trafficking victims and survivors of torture. CyRC strives to safeguard, support and advocate for the rights of vulnerable groups in Cyprus as well as promote their effective integration into local society. _________________________________________________________________________________
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide information and assistance to asylum seekers and persons under International Protection in order to facilitate their local integration and access to rights, as these are envisaged in national, European and international law, with particular focus in employment, training opportunities, and language classes.
- Assist in organizing and delivering capacity building activities to NGOS, private and public organizations, related to refugee issues.
- Collaborate with local businesses and training providers to facilitate their effective engagement with activities and initiatives that promote labour and social integration of refugees.
- Assist in drafting and disseminating important information to the public
- Coordinate and provide administrative support to projects/ activities carried out by CyRC
- Undertake other duties as required
Academic Qualifications Required
A university degree preferably in Social Sciences, Humanities, Communication, or other related field.
- Over 1 year of experience working with EU and/or other funded projects
- Experience in liaising with multiple actors (governmental services, EU/ International agencies, NGO partners)
- Experience in working with refugee population
- Experience in working in a multi-cultural and multi-national context.
- Experience in the provision of administration support
- Experience with project coordination and administration
- Excellent command of Greek and/or English and/or French language; knowledge of an additional language, such as Arabic, would be considered an asset.
- Excellent writing and drafting skills.
- Analytical skills: ability to conduct situation analysis, social analysis of risk factors, as well as analysis of the political and economic context.
- Ability to mobilize resources, including within communities of persons of concern.
- Ability to coordinate various activities and partners, including persons of concern, for an optimal use of resources.
- Communication, interpersonal skills and teamwork
- Great computer skills, including excellent use of word processing and spreadsheet software.
Applications MUST include a CV and a cover letter. Please confirm in your application, that you have never been subject to sanctions (disciplinary, administrative or criminal) arising from an investigation in relation to SEA, or left employment pending investigation and refused to cooperate in such an investigation.
Closing date: 28 December 2022. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Send your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org