The Cyprus Refugee Council is interested to hire a motivated individual to carry out the tasks of the Integration Advisor for the project Strengthening Asylum in Cyprus funded by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Country Office in Cyprus.
Under this project and in order to address the challenges faced by refugees in accessing employment and vocational training, an online platform titled “Help Refugees Work”1 has been developed. The platform aims to facilitate interaction between refugee job-seekers, employers and training providers in Cyprus, to provide employment-related information to all parties and identify opportunities for advocacy addressing refugees’ employment needs.
The Cyprus Refugee Council is a non-governmental, non-profit organization with a focus on refugees, asylum seekers, trafficking victims and survivors of torture. CyRC strives to safeguard, support and advocate for the rights of vulnerable groups in Cyprus as well as promote their effective integration into local society.
Vacancy – Integration Advisor
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The integration Advisor will work closely with the Integration Officer. The Main focus will be on the daily operation and dissemination of the HelpRefugeesWork platform. More specifically, the successful candidate will be expected to:
- Assist refugees, through group and individual meetings, to register on and effectively use the platform by providing necessary guidance, assistance and digital skills training.
- Collaborate with refugee communities, NGOs, organizations, associations, etc. in order to identify and register refugees on the platform.
- Communicate with employers and training providers in order to facilitate their registration on the platform.
- Provide direct job-related services to platform users, such as CV-writing, preparation for interview, filling-in applications, etc.
- Participate in dissemination and out-reach activities in order to increase visibility of the platform.
- Identify and record training, accreditation, linguistic and other work-related needs of refugees.
- Undertake other duties as required.
Academic Qualifications Required
- University degree in Social Sciences.
- Additional training in job-counselling, social support or communication is an asset.
Relevant Experience Required
- Experience in job counselling/social support.
- Experience in working with the refugee population.
- Experience in working in a multi-cultural and multi-national context.
- Excellent command of the Greek and English language; knowledge of an additional language, such as Arabic or French, would be considered an asset.
- Excellent writing and drafting skills.
- Very good IT skills, including excellent use of word processing and spreadsheet software, strong familiarization with social media, mobile and web-based applications.
- Ability to coordinate various activities and partners, including persons of concern, for an optimal use of resources.
- Good familiarization with current challenges and opportunities in regards to refugees integration.
- Ability to identify and assess job-related needs of persons of concern.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills; good presentation skills.
- Good understanding of the labour environment in Cyprus, including current Corporate Social Responsibility status of affairs.
Applications MUST include a CV and a cover letter.
Closing date: 6 September 2018. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Send your completed application with the indication “Integration Advisor position” to email@example.com.