The use of masks should be considered only as a complementary measure and effective only when used in combination with other prevention measures, such as physical distancing, meticulous hand hygiene and other personal protective measures.
Find here the info-graphic produced by Public Information Office: Advice on the use of Mask.
Simple steps on how to protect yourself:
- Wash hands often and thoroughly with water and soap or use hand sanitizer when soap and water are not available.
- Avoid Touching your eyes, mouth or nose,
- Keep distance of 2 meters from others, where possible
- Avoid crowded places and/or limit unnecessary exposure
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched/used areas or surfaces
- Wear a mask in public and closed spaces
Read the full Guidance Paper on Advice on the use of masks in the context of Covid-19 – 05/06/2020, WHO.